Geneva & Lori,
You did a spectacular job on Saturday! It was, by far, the most challenging and fun trail race I have done so far! The runners I spoke with afterwards said the same thing. It was extraordinarily hard (which is a GOOD thing) and the trails you chose were beautiful. It definitely WAS a run through the woods!!
Only recommendations I would make for next year is:
1) Better mile marking
2) Better trail marking. There was actually a point in the run where both myself and two other runners had to completely stop at a fork in the road where pink flags were staked in BOTH directions! After a minute or two of hmmm’ing and haw’ing, we decided on one direction. By then, we had lost our pace. ONLY bummer of the whole event (and a minor, easily corrected one).
Thank you so much for a wonderful event, and great post-race bling and food!!!!! I will definitely be there for your Turkey Trot!!!
Thank you for a great run, I enjoyed the heck out of it. I also really like my wood finisher “medal”, I’m actually passing on the Maxwell contact info. to the group at my office that started an annual canoe and kayak race on the Clinton River this year, they want to see what they can do with a paddle theme for next years race.
I have been thinking about next year if it is chip timed you may want to consider having the 5 and 10 milers start at separate times in order to keep the narrow stretches of the trail less congested and to help us runners keep our pace more consistent so there’s less chance of being in mixed “company”.
Thanks again for a great run and the input,
- Maintain participant cap. Small increase would be OK – but given tightness of course it was good not to be interfering with others.
- Ran the 5 Mile. Was actually 5.33 per Garmin (guy behind me had 5.35 on his GPS). No problem with longer distance but at 4.8 miles I thought I had missed 5 / 10 mile split that was suppose to be at 4.5 miles. Other than that – course marking was very good.
- Course was perfect mix of hills / dirt and roads. Better than Pinkney (ran trail 1/2 marathon three times).
- Mug for first in age was very nice touch – much better and more usefull than a medal.
- Replace Performance T-shirt with a Cotton T-shirt – or option of no t-shirt. Always like a cotton Tee to wear casual – performance/plastic tees are pretty useless. Usually give away to Good-will.
|I liked the water/Gatorade stations. I thought the course was marked well w/ pink flags, up until the orange cone. There was no sign & a couple of us walked around the area finding it a little confusing. Couldn’t have asked for a nicer day!|
Hi Geneva and Lori,